The background for the collages were created basically the same way but without the paint. I used snips of fabric and steps 4 and 5 to create the fabric then layered like a quilt and used fmq all over the top. I cut them to size, used a fairly large zigzag on the edges and stitched on some leaves. I then mounted them to bristol board that I had previously painted and stamped.
I put a piece of fabric down and painted fusible webbing that I cut into different shapes on top of it. I really like the negative that you get with this process. I don't remember what kind of fusible I used, it was either heat n bond or steam a seam. I used lumiere paint.
I fused the fabric to peltex 70 and fused a backing fabric on the other side. I did this first because I used netting over the entire thing and it can't handle very high heat.
The previously painted fusible got arranged and fused down at this point.
I fused a layer of mistyfuse over the entire surface. It really shows up in the picture here because I didn't really fuse it down on this piece of fabric. I'm not sure what I will use this fabric for yet so I just laid it down to get a picture.
You could add anything else you wanted to at this point. I just left the bookmarks plain. The postcard shown below has candelight thread on it, I just laid it out in a grid pattern over the mistyfuse. Add a layer of netting and fuse it over the top. Make sure to test your iron temp first on a scrap. It does melt. : )