Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Cyber Fyber Exhibition

CYBER FYBER is an exhibition of international fiber art scheduled for January 8th through 20th, 2009 at Gallery 80808/Vista Studios, 808 Lady Street in downtown Columbia, South Carolina, USA. The brainchild of Susan Lenz, this exhibit will focus on the supportive, global community of fiber artists with whom Susan regularly shares new techniques, contemporary approaches to textiles, and finished work by Internet websites and blogs. The exhibition will include three primary areas: Fiber ATCs (Artist Trading Cards); fiber postcards; and the work of several invited artists. The exhibition will also include FIBER DAY and ATC trading day. From the beginning, Susan Lenz is documenting CYBER FYBER on a blog/journal.

When I saw the link (http://cyberfyberexhibition.blogspot.com/) to this I had to check it out. I adore making fiber postcards and trading them. Of course I couldn't resist trading an ATC and postcard. I will probably send another 3 ATC's for the
INTERNATIONAL RANDOM ATC TRADE. Since I'm making some anyway. : )

If you're the least interested in fiber postcards or ATC's whether you want to trade or not you should definitely check this site out. Lots of eye candy and lots of links to other blogs with lots of eye candy. : )

This is an excellent opportunity to have your work displayed in a gallery setting as well. Pretty cool huh?

Of course anyone who knows me knows I am completely addicted to swaps and challenges so there was no way I could pass this up. : )

So I'm off to work on my postcards and ATC's...in other words I'm going to PLAY!!!

No comments: