Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Thank You

I want to thank everyone that stopped by and checked out my abstract quilt. Thank you for your feedback both in comments here and private e-mails. I am encouraged to keep playing. I don't know if this type of art is right for me but at least it seems it wasn't a total flop. I can only find what's right by trying different things. By the way the name of this piece is Hillbilly Sunset. Sorry if I offend anyone. I was born in WV and I'm still a country girl so I figure I'm allowed. I was going for very casual. The colors put me in the mind of sunset. And it kind of feels to me like hanging out in the back yard in your raggedy jeans seeing the sunset and having the sun reflect off objects that may be laying around. Of course listening to Jeff Foxworthy while working on it I'm sure had some influence on it. : ) ...if you mow your yard and find a car... LOL

1 comment:

Farmhouse Blessings said...

I'm a WV gal too! Born in Iaegar in a holler ... wouldn't have it any other way!

Smiles,
Lea